Administrative Procedure - Student Use of Buildings and Equal Access
Student clubs and student groups that are not school-sponsored may meet on school premises under the following conditions:
- The meeting must be student-initiated, meaning that a request to use school premises is made by a student(s).
- The meeting occurs during a limited open forum, meaning that the meeting must occur during the time the school grants noncurriculum related student groups an opportunity to meet on school premises during noninstructional time.
- In scheduling the use of school premises, activities associated with the District educational program have priority over the activities of any other organization. Otherwise, school premises will be available on a first come first served basis.
- The assigned room and its contents must be restored to its original condition and configuration after each use. Only modular furniture may be moved. Nothing shall be adhered or affixed to walls that will leave marks. Any decorations used shall be removed after the meeting. The contents of any assigned room are the property of the School District or teacher and shall not be handled or removed.
- No activity is allowed on school grounds that would violate the student disciplinary policy. Any student who engages in misconduct is subject to disciplinary action, including suspension and expulsion.
- The following mediums are available on request to announce group meetings:
The student who requested the use of a school facility must inform the school office of any non-school individual who may be attending the meeting and the purpose of his or her attendance. All visitors must register at the school office before proceeding to any scheduled student meeting. Non-school individuals may not regularly attend meetings.
Any student desiring to hold a student meeting on school premises must submit a completed Request Form for Noncurricular Student Groups to Use School Facilities to the Building Principal. The request should be made at least one week in advance.
- Office bulletin board containing announcements
Reviewed: December 19, 2005
Adopted: February 27, 2006