Administrative Procedure - Time Schedule
- Teachers shall arrive at school at least one half hour before the school day begins for students and shall remain in the school for at least one half hour after dismissal time for students. Any deviation from this time schedule has to be approved by the principal.
- In addition to teaching and supervision, each teacher is subject to assignment by the principal to responsibility for a portion of the miscellaneous services and activities of the school.
- The direction of and participation in the various extra-curricular activities of the school are considered as much a part of the teacher’s normal load as actual classroom teaching.
- Certain extra-curricular activity assignments carry additional compensation. These activities are listed on the payment schedule of the Agreement. Any deviation will be subject to Board approval and only on the basis of added responsibility to a given activity listed.
- Other job related activities such as special education staffings, committee meetings and parent conferences may require an extension of the working day.
- Teachers and administrators are expected to join, attend, and are encouraged to participate actively in the PTA meetings in their building as a part of their professional obligation. Attendance and participation at annual open houses is required.
Reviewed: May 17, 2004, August 2, 2010
Adopted: August 23, 2004