The Superintendent creates Superintendent committees as deemed necessary and makes all appointments. Superintendent committees report to the Superintendent. Superintendent committees include:
Title I Advisory Committee
The committee selects activities from a list in the Title I regulations, which may include:
- establishing Title I parent-teacher conferences;
- distributing Title I informational materials;
- providing materials and suggestions to help parent(s)/guardian(s) educate their children at home;
- facilitating volunteer or paid participation by parents in school activities; and
- establishing a process to respond to parent(s)/guardian(s)' inquiries and recommendations.
By April 15th each year, the committee submits a written report of its findings and recommendations to the Superintendent. Committee members include parent(s)/guardian(s) and teachers of Title I children.
Reviewed: October 20, 2003; January 18, 2011
Adopted: November 17, 2003
Revision Adopted: February 7, 2011